The BioSpiritual Institute is pleased to announce the opening of the part-time position of Executive Director of the BioSpiritual Institute. In order to continue the fulfillment of its mission, this job is being created to actively expand the Network system of the BioSpiritual Institute and increase the outreach of the Institute beyond its current scope.
The details of this position are outlined in the job description below. If you have questions or are interested in applying for this position, please forward a summary of your qualifications, relevant experience and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received by May 30, 2017.
Job Description: BioSpiritual Institute Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the BioSpiritual Institute’s programs, expansion, and the on-going achievement of its mission. The ED is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include financial management oversight, marketing, communication and Network Center support.
1) Working with the Institute Board:
- Responsible for leading the BioSpiritual Institute in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Serves as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the Institute’s activities as it continues to evolve and grow.
2) Advancing the BioSpiritual Institute Mission:
- Works with Board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and network expansion.
- Responsible for strategic planning process to ensure that the BioSpiritual Institute can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for implementation of the BioSpiritual Institute’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the BioSpiritual Institute’s image by being active and visible across the BioSpiritual Institute’s Network and by working closely with other professional organizations that are aligned with the BioSpiritual Institute’s mission.
- Serving as the BioSpiritual Institute’s primary spokesperson to the Institute’s constituents, the media and the general public.
3) Growing the BioSpiritual Institute’s Outreach:
- Responsible for the design, development and coordination of the BioSpiritual Institute’s marketing and communication efforts.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the BioSpiritual Institute’s website. The webmaster will report to the ED.
- Responsible for facilitating the design, development and deployment of BioSpiritual Institute supported programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for the expansion of the number of the BioSpiritual Institute’s Network Centers and their coordination and support.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization in accordance with Institute policies.
- Responsible for managing all grant funding requests according to the Institute’s grant policies.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the BioSpiritual Institute’s operations.
4) Ensuring the BioSpiritual Institute’s Continued Financial Viability:
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Institute Treasurer and President, for the fiscal integrity of the BioSpiritual Institute, to include a quarterly review of the financial condition of the organization with the Board.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and sustainability of the BioSpiritual Institute in a positive financial condition.
- Knowledge of and experience in BioSpiritual Focusing.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Certification as a Focusing Professional is a plus but not required.
- Previous participation in BioSpiritual Focusing programs is required.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience or equivalent is a plus
- Solid, hands-on, demonstrated management and networking skills
- Experience and proficiency with electronic networking platforms ( Zoom, Skype) and other software programs that might enhance the BioSpiritual Institute’s effectiveness
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the BioSpiritual Institute’s strategic future to the Board, the Network Centers, and professional organizations the Institute may partner with.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and Network leadership
- Demonstrated, strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated public speaking and teaching ability
- Ability to travel to Network Centers and other locations as required
Compensation will be based on the applicant’s prior experience and qualifications. This is a part-time position of no more than forty hours a month. It is intended to be a home-based position since no relocation is required. There may be, however, some travel associated with Institute Network development and coordination.